We spent the first day in Savannah at the outlet mall because the weather called for rain and my niece had made an emergency dental appointment because of a cracked tooth. Felicity even got her ears pierced!

We spent hours shopping and in the evening went into Savannah for dinner and a “ghost tour”. My niece and nephews went on a ghost tour last time they were in Savannah and said it was their favourite part of the trip. We choose a different tour from their last one, it was fun to do, but really lacked on ghost stories and mainly just told the history of many buildings.

We ate dinner at Treylor Park in Savannah. It had upscale bar food. I ordered the chicken biscuit without gravy with a side of collard greens. Normally I love collard greens but these seemed undercooked and weren’t very good. The biscuit was good and the chicken was good, I ended up splitting most of the chicken with Raffi. My brother ordered Spicy Chicken Pancake Tacos that looked amazing!

Our first day at Tybee Island we had to wait until 4 to check into the condo. My mom, the kids and I got to Tybee around noon while my brother and his family went back into Savannah. We ate lunch at seafood place (I got a veggie burger) by the beach and then hit up the cute shops at the beginning of the Island.

I love the feel of being here, Tybee is magical for me. There’s no tall buildings, no chain restaurants, no chains supermarkets or stores only local shops, restaurants and beautiful beach houses and small boutique hotels. There is no place like it in the world for me. The beach is also beautiful, wide, and usually not so crowded.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s